rough draft.

It’s finished. Not completely finished, there’s no abstract or keywords, and the figures are likely the wrong shape and my grammar’s probably terrible. But it’s finished, a full draft from introduction to conclusions. 9000 words of scientific shlock splendor that’s all come out of my head. After working on this for four months, it feels quite miraculous to write the conclusion and send it off to the supervisors for dissection.

In preparation for this event, I went to the posh grocery down the street and bought dark chocolate and mineral water to celebrate. After my trip to the gym I’m going to curl up on the couch and read Roddy Doyle and imagine myself far away from academic stresses for the weekend. ahhh, the joys of finishing on a friday!

dock2.JPG
while celebrating tonight i will carefully observe all signs such as this one.

1. pastamasta says:

Fantastic! A glass of congratulatory Talisker will be drunk by me on your behalf (no purchase necessary).

2. treefen says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You’ve pushed the boulder to the top of the mountain… I think you’ll be surprised how quickly it goes from here. The revisions may seem daunting, but they are so much easier than staring at a blinking cursor on a blank page. I’ll have a snort of port in your honour tonight =)

3. Jeorg says:

Whooooo hoooooo! Go Trish, go Trish! Do you hear that faint sound on the wind? That is me whoo hooing for you. That’s right, all the way from KY. Congrats, the rest is editing and fiddling. But you have the huge part done. You deserve a break.

4. doc says:

Congrats! Good feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

5. Mike says:

Congrats, I hope the remaining pieces will go quickly for you.

6. anna says:

Woo Hoo! That’s great! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Nice and overcast for staying in and relaxing.

7. av. says:

yay! congratulations!

8. That’s *fantastic*! Well done! What a tremendous achievement–sticking with something for several months like that is challenging and can sap the morale, so good on you for getting to the end! When do you find out what happens next with it?

9. Jason says:

Congratulations Trish! You definitely deserve a break. :D

10. jane says:

congratulations you! that is so awesome. have a gret relaxing weekend. kevin got one of the three signatures he needs yesterday so we’re celebrating too!

11. treefen says:

12. Jeorg says:

13. doc says:

Congrats! Good feeling to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

14. Mike says:

Congrats, I hope the remaining pieces will go quickly for you.

15. anna says:

16. av. says:

yay! congratulations!

17. That’s *fantastic*! Well done! What a tremendous achievement–sticking with something for several months like that is challenging and can sap the morale, so good on you for getting to the end! When do you find out what happens next with it?

18. Jason says: