visiting and waiting

Four days to go before we fly off to Scotland, and I’m starting to feel ready for this adventure. Last night in bed all I could think of was “I’m so glad we’re doing this”, and because of all the stresses associated with moving I hadn’t felt that way in a while.

Toronto’s been sunny and cold, and we’ve been bundled up at home sitting in the windows and letting the sun stream in on us. Reading books, playing boardgames, and relaxing; it’s been wonderful.

Today we’re heading out for lunch with my parents and then tonight we’re dropping off the quilt (yes, it did get finished) at my grandfather’s before having a family bbq (except when it’s below zero, you eat inside).

We arrive in Aberdeen Wednesday around noon, wish us luck!

canalswan.jpg
Amsterdam, December 2004

1. You should be there by now. I cannot imagine what that must be like, saying goodbye to your home country, and going somewhere else. I’m really looking forward to hearing all about it once you get set up again.

2. Chad says:

Bon voyage! (en route)
    Happy house hunting, I hope you find something comfy and fun. ;)

3. lynn says:

you’re there! i hope that the journey was a safe one, and that the settling in goes well…
    you’re in my part of the world now – how fine!

4. treefen says:

Wow, that means you’re on your way to the airport right now… Good luck!!!!!! I’m sending happy moving thoughts and good vibes your way =)

5. Jeorg says:

bbq in the winter is sooooo good.

6. Louise & Dean says:

Have a safe trip and hope all your wishes and dreams come true.

I’ve found it really interesting reading your blog because my husband and I are in the process of moving countries too. Funnily enough from the UK to Canada!!! I can associate with you about all your emotions because although things have been stressful the bottom line is that we’re so happy to be doing it.

Anyway, take care and have a great life in Scotland.
    x

7. Wednesday at noon? Oh my goodness, that’s only…three days from now. Wow. Mind you, I had figured you were already there and trying to find a flat, and was surprised that you’re still in Canada. But now that there’s a firm date, etc, well, that gets the tingles going! I’m also very pleased that you’re feeling so positive and excited about the journey ahead.

And delighted that you finished that quilt! Well done! That must have been some high-speed quilting.

Also, have loved these photos you’ve been posting. This one of an Amsterdam canal makes Michelle and I both quite swoony with travel-envy. It looks like it would be lovely walking along a canal like that.

8. chlamygirl says:

i wish you many happy, new and safe adventures in this new phase of your lives. wishing you success.

9. Kirsty says:

Good luck!

10. Chad says:

Bon voyage! (en route)
    Happy house hunting, I hope you find something comfy and fun. ;)

11. lynn says:

you’re in my part of the world now – how fine!

12. treefen says:

13. Jeorg says:

bbq in the winter is sooooo good.

14. Louise & Dean says:

Have a safe trip and hope all your wishes and dreams come true.

Anyway, take care and have a great life in Scotland.
    x

15. Wednesday at noon? Oh my goodness, that’s only…three days from now. Wow. Mind you, I had figured you were already there and trying to find a flat, and was surprised that you’re still in Canada. But now that there’s a firm date, etc, well, that gets the tingles going! I’m also very pleased that you’re feeling so positive and excited about the journey ahead.

16. chlamygirl says: